7/1/07 Accepted referral of Sofia 7/6/07 POA arrives in Guatemala 8/1/07 Homestudy complete 8/27/07 USCIS received I600A 9/18/07 Dossier finished & sent to Guat. 9/25/07 Fingerprints cleared at USCIS!! 10/28/07 I171H Finally!!! (61 days) 11/1/07 First visit trip! 11/15/07 SWI & DNA taken 11/29/07 DNA 99.99% match 12/11/07 In PGN w/o PA 12/27/07 KO'd for no PA 1/12/08 Rec'd PA!!!!!! (44 days) 1/18/08 Second Visit Trip! 2/12/08 Registered with the Central Authority (a newly required step in order to finish adoption in Guat.) a.k.a - a big pain in the ass! 2/19/08 Resubmitted to PGN 3/3/08 KO#2 3/28/08 Third Visit Trip! 3/31/07 Sofia turns 1!!!!!! 5/17/08 Fourth Visit Trip! 7/4/08 Fifth Visit Trip! 7/17/08 Back in PGN after 4 1/2 months out 7/29/08 BMI Done 8/20/08 OUT- thank you God!!!! 8/27/08 Submit for BC
Our Decision To Adopt
August 22, 2007 Tim and I had always talked about adoption, we just never really thought it would become a reality. This past June we decided it was the right time to pursue this dream. We talked it over with the boys who were thrilled at the idea of having a little sister, and that is where it all began. I started searching for countries to adopt from and Guatemala fit all of our criteria. I began looking at the thousands of photo listings on the internet of infants to adopt out of Guatemala and that is where I found Sofia. I got in touch with the agency that was handling her adoption and we were matched with her shortly after. Her birthdate is March 31, 2007. Our hopes are to bring her home as soon as humanly possible. We have posted this website so friends and family can read the journal (on the left) and stay updated on our process, follow our thoughts, and chat with us about Sofia.