Before I blab about my visit with Sofia here is the link for the pics from my trip.
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AatmLZm4ZtWLDrA
We had a wonderful time together. She totally knows I am her mama. Of course this is all because Mayra is amazing and she tells Sofia that I am her mama all the time. She had no problems coming to me and loving me up everyday we were together. I could go on and on about how I love her so much it is unbelievable and how she is the prettiest and sweetest little creature I ever laid my eyes on and how she is sensitive and a little spitfire all at the same time and how she shares her very special lovey with me and how she fits perfectly in my arms when she sleeps and how I can't stand being away from her, well............ you get the idea, right?
Anyhow, we had many friends still at La Casa Grande that were there when I was visiting in March. They are living there waiting for their babies to be able to go home. That part was fun because Sofia had friends to play with. I did a lot of research while I was in Guatemala on moving to Antigua for a month in the summer. I spoke to a few women that have lived there recently, but have since left because it is not safe for American's to be there fostering their babies because the PGN keep raiding the city looking for babies that are being adopted, all just to cause trouble. One woman in particular came to our hotel with her 2 babies she is adopting and she was so upset. She has just rented a house in Antigua for 3 months and her attorney for the adoption told her to get out of Antigua and to go to Guatemala City with her babies. Antigua has become a focal point for fostering parents in the eyes of the very evil PGN and I can't risk being anywhere that could put this adoption in more jeopardy than it already is. With that being said, although we won't be going there for the summer, I am already planning my next trip for late June/early July.
