Mayra sent me these pictures today. And let me tell you, I really needed to see her. We got pretty bad news as it pertains to bringing Sofia home anytime soon. The document that we have been waiting for is another birth certificate for Sofia because something was wrong on it. We have been waiting 11 weeks for it now and just found out that it could be up to another 5 months before we receive it. Yes, you read that right, up to another 5 months. The reason is that the BC has to be rectified, not just reissued. Don't ask. This is just the way it is in Guatemala.
I do leave in 3 days to visit and I cannot wait! Be ready for a new batch of pictures to be posted as soon as I get back. I am actually meeting another woman in Ft. Lauderdale that is also adopting and we are flying to Guatemala together to visit our babies. With that being said, I am seriously considering moving to Guatemala for 1 month to foster Sofia with the boys in mid to late June. I had thought about this before, but figured she'd be home soon and it wasn't necessary. (And besides, my mother was having a fit!!) Now, it really may happen. I am searching for apartments in Antigua, which is a very large adoption friendly/fostering community. I am taking the boys to get passports tomorrow after school. Just trying to be prepared if in fact, this really happens. My life! Who would have thought?!?!?! Anyhow, my agency has to check out some things dealing with the legality of it all, but I should have an answer from them somtime next week. Hate to break it to you all, but they can't tell me what to do - she's my baby!
